We’re Hiring: Tow Center Seeks Tow Center Administrator
The Tow Center is accepting applications for an Administrator at the Tow Center for Digital Journalism at Columbia Journalism School.
The incumbent will work closely with Tow Center Director Emily Bell and the Associate Research Director on the management of grant funds, research support for Tow projects, and day-to-day administrative tasks related to the grants, the Tow website, and Tow events.
- Manage grant funds and process. Manage spending and ensures compliance with terms and restrictions for ongoing, proposed and new initiatives. Work closely with PI’s, funders, finance and budget managers to review budget proposals, submissions and revisions. Write and review grant proposals and reports.
- Conduct research and support the research efforts of the Center. Organize and manage research files.
- Manage planning and logistics for Tow Center events.
- Manage website updates and functionality.
- Perform related administrative duties for the Center.
Read more about the position and apply here.
Columbia University is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a community diverse in every way: race, ethnicity, geography, religion, academic and extracurricular interest, family circumstance, sexual orientation, socio-economic background and more.
Minimum qualifications include bachelor’s degree, experience in administration, knowledge of journalism, digital media or emerging technologies, strong organizational skills and desire to engage in the research process. Experience with budget software, spreadsheets and financial management are preferred.